Dr. Ian M. GradisarBoard-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Ian Gradisar is an Akron, Ohio native and the son of an orthopaedic surgeon. He completed his fellowship training at the Cleveland Clinic in Total Hip and Knee Replacement and Revisions of Total Joints. His specialties include Total Hip and Knee Replacement, Revisions of Hip and Knee Replacement, and Traumatic Fracture Care.
Dr. Ian Gradisar enjoys teaching the specialty of total joint replacement to orthopaedic surgery residents and medical students. He is an instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Northeast Ohio Medical University.
As a second-generation total joint specialist, Dr. Ian Gradisar is proud of the footsteps he has followed. His father, Dr. Ivan Gradisar, was a pioneer in total joint replacement and helped found the Crystal Clinic. In addition, Dr. Ivan Gradisar was on the design team for the Exactech® Optetrak Logic® total knee system, and he continues to travel around the world instructing surgeons on how to implant the total knee. Dr. Ian Gradisar proudly implants the Exactech total knee in his practice, as it is one of the most reliable total knee replacements worldwide.
More total joints are performed per year at the Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center than any other single hospital in Ohio. Dr. Gradisar welcomes you to his practice and to the Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center.
- High School: Walsh Jesuit High School, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
- Undergraduate: The University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- Medical: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Internship: Fairview Hospital - The Cleveland Clinic Health System, Cleveland, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Summa Health System, Akron, OH
- Fellowship: The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Ian M. Gradisar, MD
Dr. Gradisar specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures including:
- Total Joint Replacement Surgery
- Revision Hip and Knee Reconstruction
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Trauma and Fracture Care
Last Modified: December 12, 2012